- Designer(´s) name, address and nationality
- Title of the Industrial design.
- Industrial Design Specification.
- One or more claims.
- Drawings or designs, three samples, including design in perspective (isometric view) and main views, if any.
II . Documents Required :
1. Power of Attorney (*) it must be duly signed by the applicant or the legal representative of the applicant company, pointing out his position in the company.
One Power is sufficient for any numbers of applications on behalf of a same applicant.
2. Deed of Assignment ; when the applicant is a person different than the designer(s) an assignment from the designer(s) duly legalized is required. Deed of Assignment can be deposited within the sixty (60) days after the filing date of the Peruvian application.
3. Priority Document ; Peru is a member country of the Paris Convention. Therefore, priority can be claimed based on an Industrial Design application filed within the last twelve (12) months . A certified copy of the priority application must be filed within the sixteen (16) months after the filing date of this priority application, and this must be certified by the authority who issued the same. If the priority document is not filed within the aforesaid sixteen (16) , the priority will be lost, but the application will follow as a normal application or as an application without priority.
III . Language
An application of Industrial Design must be filed before the competent National Office in Spanish language.
The Peruvian Patent Office will not accept the filing of an Industrial Design Application and any serial number and filing date will be given, if the translation into Spanish language is not enclosed.
IV. Prosecution of an Industrial Design takes :
From one (1) to two (2) years approximately.
V. Validity of an Industrial Design: Ten (10) years .
Industrial Design Important Information
Paris Convention, Washington Convention, Cartagena Agreement (Andean Community) and ADPIC.
Novelty Requirements: Yes
Claiming Priority: Yes, but it is not compulsory to claim priority.
An application will receive an initial examination on both absolute and relative grounds. The design is then published for opposition, and if no oppositions are filed, the patent office proceeds to examine registrability of the design.
Protection Period Ten (10) years.
Extension Term: No.
Publication: Once in the Official Gazette EL PERUANO.
It is available. Decision 486 of the Andean Community allows for an opposition proceeding after publication in the Official Gazette and before substantive examination proceedings regarding registrability are completed.
Annuity Payments: None.
Grace Period for Annuity Payments? None.
Compulsory Licensing: No.
Working or nominal working of Design: No.