1. The maximum term for entering into the Peruvian National Phase is 30 months and the minimum 20 months from the Priority Application based on the Paris Convention.
2. Applicant: Name, nationality and domicile.
3. Inventors: Name, nationality and domicile.
4. Priorities Information: Number, filing date and country.
The application must be filed in Spanish language or its translation into Spanish language. Otherwise, neither an application number nor an entry date will be given.
The application must include:
5.3 Drawings (if any)
6. If the claims or any of the above elements in 5 were amended within the international phase, it is required to file them as amended.
7. A copy of the international application, only if the international Office had not sent one in accordance with the Article 20 of the Treaty.
8. Power of Attorney
A Power of Attorney (POA), according to the form enclosed herewith. It is sufficient you provide us with an electronic copy of this document only signed by the applicant or its legal representative, indicating his/her position below his/her signature, in accordance with the current regulations.
Note: However, since a PoA legalized is necessary for infringement actions, after sending an electronic copy of the PoA we suggest continuing with the notarization and consular legalization in order to have this ready for acting especially in infringement cases.
This PoA can be filed within the two (2) months after depositing the application.
9. Special Requirements:
Documentation that proves the change of the applicant’s name just in case this change had happened after the international application was filed and the same is not reflected in the Official Notice of the International Office (PCT/IB/306)
If no declarations had been filed in accordance with the Rule 4.17 of the PCT Regulation, it would be necessary to file a declaration as to the applicant’s entitlement to apply for a patent as well as to claim priority of an earlier application.
10. Restoration of Priority
It is accepted the restoration of the Priority Right provided that it is proved the due diligence.
Very important: Only the International PCT Applications filed on or after June 6, 2009 are allowed to enter into the Peruvian National Phase.