Alain C. Delion
Lawyer and partner of Estudio Delion specialized in Intellectual Property and Free Competition.
Graduated from the Faculty of Law at the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru and International Trademark Association – INTA Report’s contributor in: Legislative Trends regarding Trademarks in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Outline of Current Bills and on the Legislative Process.
His professional development has led to the success of significant and complex intellectual property rights cases involving large international corporations and medium and small businesses. Please see Estudio Delion vs. the Peruvian State; Royal Bank of Canada vs. La Felix Peruvian Insurance, among others. (see more information about successful cases).
An award for excellence in competition/antitrust law in Peru
Ulises 2007 Prize Winner
Articles written by Alain C. Delion
Effective protection of an appellation of origin in Peru – Magazine: World Intellectual Property Review, UK, Edition: November 2013.
Article summary: the most important advantage of the appellation of origin is that it guarantees the consumer a constant quality level and characteristics.
Confusion over Appellation of Origin – Magazine: World Intellectual Property Review, UK, Edition: May 2013.
New Avenues for Trademark Protection, Magazine: World Intellectual Property Review, UK, Edition: April 2013
Article summary: Peruvian law provides two ways to obtain protection against the misuse of registered trademarks.
Expenses and Costs in Infringement Procedures, Magazine: World Intellectual Property Review, UK, Edition: October 2012.
Article summary: the granting of expenses and costs on behalf of the winning party by the Peruvian administration is a thorny issue, in the context of infringement procedures for the undue use of registered brands.
Expenses and Costs in Infringement Procedures – Magazine: World Intellectual Property Review, UK, Edition: October 2012.
Proper Sanctions for Repeat Offenders – Magazine: World Intellectual Property Review, UK, Edition: October 2011.
Article summary: resolution 1181-TPI/INDECOPI, issued on June 6, approved an $82,290 fine for a trademark infringer that illegally sold pipes bearing a trademark owned by a third party.
Free trade Agreement Implemented – Magazine: Managing Intellectual Property, UK, Edition: September 2008
Paris Convention: Clash between Real and Local Time, HG Worldwide Legal Directories
Article summary: The Peruvian Trademark Office-INDECOPI carrying out a right interpretation on the industrial property regulations and mainly applying the common sense, granted priority right to a Japanese application filed on August 11, rather than a Peruvian application filed the same day.
When copyrights and trademarks clash, Managing Intellectual Property, UK, Edition: May 2008
Trade Name and Andean Opposition, published on 10/10/2007, MARCASUR
Peru: Inconvenient between trademark and trade name, published on 25/09/2006, MARCASUR
Experience - Prestige - Success
over 38 years of experience
Legal events attended by Alain C. Delion
- International Trademark Association – INTA 2022 Annual Meeting (ePresencial + virtual) Washington D.C. – U.S.A.
- International Trademark Association – INTA139 Annual Meeting, May 2017, Barcelona– Spain.
- International Trademark Association – INTA 138 Annual Meeting, May 2016, Miami-USA.
- International Trademark Association – INTA 137 Annual Meeting, May 2015, San Diego– USA.
- International Trademark Association – INTA 132 Annual Meeting, May 2010, Boston– USA.
- Inter-american Association of Intellectual Property-ASIPI. XVII Work Sessions – October 2009, Swiss Hotel – PERU.
- International Trademark Association: INTA 131 Annual Meeting, May 2009 – Seattle – USA.
- Inter-american Association of Intellectual Property-ASIPI. XIII Work Sessions – December 2007, Cartagena de Indias – Colombia.
- Inter-american Association of Intellectual Property-ASIPI. XII Work Sessions -November 2005, Hotel Conrad Punta del Este – URUGUAY